- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Improving Your Pregnancy with Chiropractic Care
By the Colorado Chiropractic Association
Today's woman constantly juggles an incredible number of responsibilities: jobs, children, friendships, marriages, errands, appointments - the list is endless! You've got to be healthy just to keep up. Women have special health concerns during every phase of their lives; pregnancy is certainly one of the most important and complex phases. Although the changes women experience from pregnancy are natural, a little extra help is sometimes needed to cope with the dramatic changes in their bodies.
A Perfect Pregnancy
In addition to the noticeable changes pregnancy causes in a woman's body, pregnancy can cause subtle changes in the musculo-skeletal system; changes your chiropractor is able to detect and correct. Because the baby lies forward in the woman's body during pregnancy, her center of gravity shifts and the spine alters itself to accommodate this change. As a result, many expectant mothers may experience low back and pelvic pain. These stresses and strains can be relieved with regular chiropractic care. Many women under chiropractic care report that their deliveries were faster and more comfortable than deliveries prior to chiropractic care.
It's especially important during pregnancy that nerve impulses flow from the brain to all parts of the body. A slightly out-of-place vertebra can create nerve irritation that snarls the body's communication system. Using gentle spinal adjustments, the chiropractic doctor can relieve this nerve irritation, allowing the body's energy to flow freely again and eliminate periodic pain through nature's own healing power! Your chiropractic doctor will use special, modified techniques during your pregnancy to make your spinal adjustments easy and comfortable.
Choose chiropractic care.
It's easier to be fit, healthy, and experience a trouble-free pregnancy when your body freely sends the right messages. Chiropractic care focuses on the overall effects of spinal misalignment on the nerves that carry health-giving energy to every cell of the body. Chiropractic helps women get well and stay well - before, during, and after their pregnancies.
Chiropractic care during pregnancy can not only improve musculoskeletal alignment and relieve areas of muscle tension, but it can also influence the quality of your birth experience. Studies show that women who suffered from low back pain during previous labors and then received chiropractic care in subsequent pregnancies reported significantly reduced low back pain in the subsequent labors.
The uterus works best in a framework of ligaments and bones that are balanced and aligned. (This is true even for menstrual cycles.) This allows the baby to travel more easily through the birth passage, avoiding long, difficult labors and "failure to progress", and reducing the incidence of cesarean section. Many women are advised incorrectly that they must put up with the low back pain, nausea and headaches of pregnancy. Through chiropractic care, however, women can experience relief from the so-called "normal" discomforts and enjoy a healthier pregnancy and birth.
Careful, Mom! Tips to Ease the Strain of Caring for a Baby
By the Colorado Chiropractic Association
Caring for a baby is rewarding - and hard work. Like other kinds of work that require lifting, bending, long periods of sitting, and repetitive motions, it can be harmful to your body. Try these simple tips to prevent problems before they begin.
• Put one foot on a box or low shelf when you stand and change diapers. This causes your pelvis to tilt in a way that decreases pelvic fatigue.
• Keep work surfaces at a comfortable height. Put something under the legs of the changing table, for instance, to raise it if you're tall.
• Don't try to hold the baby and wrestle the side of a crib down at the same time. Instead, drop the crib side before you pick up the child.
• Don't bend from the waist when you lift the child. Squat with your back straight, keep the child close to you, and use your leg muscles to rise.
• Don't bend over into the car when putting your child in the car seat. Sit sideways on the seat with the child on your lap, then rotate to face front and put the child in the seat.
• Make sure your feet touch the floor and your back is supported when you sit holding your child. Keep your knees at the same height as your hips or slightly higher.
• Adjust stroller handles so you're not bending over when you push.
• When loading a stroller or groceries in the car trunk, rest one foot on the bumper and keep the load close to your body.
Sign up using the form below or call 760-758-4325 to make an appointment.
|Monday||9:00 - 1:00||3:00 - 7:00|
|Tuesday||Closed||3:00 - 7:00|
|Wednesday||9:00 - 1:00||3:00 - 7:00|
|Thursday||9:00 - 1:00||3:00 - 7:00|
|9:00 - 1:00||Closed||9:00 - 1:00||9:00 - 1:00||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|3:00 - 7:00||3:00 - 7:00||3:00 - 7:00||3:00 - 7:00||Closed||Closed||Closed|
We trust Kris and Melissa completely. They have been a huge help to my whole family. Melissa's prenatal care helped my baby stay in the correct position, greatly easing my birth. With my first two, they were sunny-side up, and it is no fun birthing that way! Melissa has been a huge help in assisting my recovery from a concussion. My kids see Kris for dislocated fingers, sprained ankles, sprained knee, etc. They are always right as rain within hours to a day or two. And, chiropractic has helped with my teenage daughter's process of having her food allergies cleared.